- Deer generally travel in herds – if you see one, there's a good chance others are nearby.
- Be aware of deer crossing signs. These are placed in active deer crossing areas.
- Remember that deer are most active between 6 and 9 p.m.
- Use high beam lights at night (whenever possible) to illuminate areas from which deer can enter roadways.
- If a deer collision seems inevitable, attempting to swerve out of the way could cause you to lose control of your vehicle or put you in the path of an oncoming vehicle.
- Don't rely on deer whistles.