* A bike jack is prerequisite for this job; doing it on a milk crate is asking for trouble.
* Appropriate hand tools: sockets, wrenches, plastic mallet, hammer, center punch.
* A 3/8th electric drill and a 5/16ths bit. You might want an extra bit in case you dull or damage one.
* A pipe cutter to cut the preload spacers to size.
* A small rat-tail file to deburr the drilled holes.
* You'll also need a drain pan, tape measure, flashlight, lots of rags and aerosol degreaser (like brake clean or electrical contact cleaner).
* I'd also recommend installing new washers under the damper rod bolts; you can use OEM or over-the-counter copper or aluminum crush washers.