The Marcus Dairy Bar, long a gathering spot for East Coast riders, (especially those from the metro NY area), is about to close. Opened in 1947 by local farmer Jack Marcus and his wife Pearl, as a sideline to the family’s dairy and bottling operation, the Dairy Bar was originally a small restaurant that specialized in turkey sandwiches (Pearl insisted on roasting fresh birds every day), and homemade ice cream. In the early 70’s, a small group of local riders began gathering there on Sunday mornings, in large part because it had inexpensive food, a large parking lot, and its central location - plenty of great roads lead to and from the place. At the time, there were maybe 10-15 guys showing up on a regular basis, but that changed when local paper, the Danbury News Times, ran a shot of three riders (including yours truly), arriving on a cold Sunday morning in January of 1977. The shot made the front page of the weekend edition and by summertime the place was literally overwhelmed by riders.