Riders and motorcycle enthusiasts have even more reason to celebrate at the granddaddy of all motorcycle rallies -- the 73rd Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota's legendary Black Hills region. That's because Harley is making demo rides on its 2013 motorcycles available to qualified riders at the Black Hills Harley-Davidson dealership at 2820 Harley Drive, just off exit 55 in Rapid City, S.D..
All Harley-Davidson activities in Sturgis will run from Saturday, August 3 through Saturday, August 10 at the intersection of 3rd and Lazelle streets in downtown Sturgis, and are free to all.
Some of the highlights include:
- 2013 Harley-Davidson motorcycle displays, H-D1 customization Fit Shop and MotorClothes® riding gear and apparel
- H-D 110th Anniversary displays with photo opportunities, interactive map and more
- H.O.G. 30th Global Lounge with unique historical and educational display
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) pin sales and Custom Motorcycle Raffle
- Harley-Davidson General Merchandise tent with MotorClothes apparel and riding gear for sale
- Women's Area including the JUMPSTART rider experience, bike lift and more
- Free Bike Wash
Demo rides for 2013 motorcycles will be available at Black Hills Harley-Davidson from Saturday, August 3 to Saturday, August 10 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Riders can enjoy as many bikes as they want, but must have a valid motorcycle license and adhere to riding gear requirements and safety rules. There will also be a 2013 Harley-Davidson displays at this location, including a Fit Shop display for motorcycle customization, and JUMPSTART rider experience.
A pin stop and merchandise sales for Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) members can be found at the Harley-Davidson Lazelle Street location. There will also be a special event for H.O.G. members only on Wednesday, August from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Easyriders Saloon, 888 Junction Avenue in Sturgis with an observation run at 7:30 p.m. and prize ceremony at 9 p.m. More information is available at www.members.hog.com.