ATLANTA – (October 22, 2012) –The 2012 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows kicks-off the nation's largest and longest-running motorcycle show tour Friday, November 2,at the Cobb Galleria Centre, in Atlanta. This is the first place in the United States to see all the new models from leading manufacturers including BMW, BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki, Star, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha and more, as well as the latest aftermarket parts and accessories.
Features and special appearances that will fill the Cobb Galleria Centre throughout the weekend include:
- Pit Stop Challenge Presented by GEICO AMA Pro Racing – For the first time ever, attendees will experience an interactive simulation of the Daytona 200 Pit Stop. Participants will race head-to-head for the fastest rear wheel pit stop time and winners will receive prizes.
- J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition – Returning to the series for a third year, the world’s largest motorcycle builder competition will showcase elite-level, custom motorcycle creations vying for a piece of a $90,000 prize and a chance to compete in the United States Championship finale. This competition will feature five classes.
- MotoGP Experience – All-new this year, the MotoGP grid will feature 12 MotoGP class bikes on a grid carpet, umbrella girls and a rare photo opportunity for all attendees on a pole sitting bike.
- J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition Photo Booth – Builders with motorcycles competing in the custom bike competition will pose for photos with their bikes in this professional photo studio.
- The Podium – This interactive stage will be packed with experts presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including adventure riding, motorcycle maintenance, increasing bike performance, seminars for women riders and more.
- Progressive® Insurance Road Trip – Bikers dreaming of hitting the road with Progressive’s always happy-to-help sales clerk, Flo, can hop on a bike next to a virtual Flo, then view their photo on the Progressive Motorcycle Facebook page at www.facebook.com/progressivemotorcycle.
- Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear Check – Free motorcycle parking will be available for all riders who ride their motorcycles to the show.
The Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta will be open to the public Friday, November 2 through Sunday, November 4, at the Cobb Galleria Centre, at 2 Galleria Parkway Southeast. Show hours are Friday, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $15 adults $6 for children 6-11.
Following Atlanta, the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows tour will continue across the country. The complete schedule is as follows:
Atlanta -- Cobb Galleria Centre, Nov. 2-4, 2012
Dallas -- Dallas Convention Center, Nov. 9-11
San Mateo -- San Mateo County Event Center, Nov. 16-18
Long Beach -- Long Beach Convention Center, Dec. 7-9
Seattle -- Washington State Convention Center, Dec. 14-16
Washington, D.C. -- Washington Convention Center, Jan. 4-6, 2013
Minneapolis -- Minneapolis Convention Center, Jan. 11-13
New York City -- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, Jan. 18-20
Ohio -- I-X Center, Jan. 25-27
Michigan -- Suburban Collection Showplace, Feb. 1-3
Chicago -- Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Feb. 8-10
Indianapolis -- Lucas Oil Stadium, Feb. 15-17
Charlotte -- Charlotte Convention Center, Feb. 22-24