Last week, HJC introduced the all-new FG-17, a full-featured yet amazingly affordable full-face helmet for street use. The helmet was designed using advanced CAD technology, to be lightweight and remarkably comfortable. Final testing was done in the firm's high-tech, full-size Wind Tunnel Lab, where the company's premium and race offerings are also tested. The Advanced Fiberglass Composite Shell comes in three sizes for the best, most exact sizing options: 1st shell size for XS-S, 2nd for M-L, and 3rd for XL-3XL. There are a wide variety of interchangeable cheekpads available for an even more custom fit, and all crown and cheek pads are removable and washable. The FG-17 starts at $189.99. A list of other key features follows:
- developed and tested in the full-sized HJC Wind Tunnel Lab.
- Advanced Fiberglass Composite Shell for light weight, superior fit and remarkable comfort.
- 3 different shell sizes: 1 for XS-S sizing, 2nd for M-L sizing and 3rd for XL-3XL.
- Impact-absorbing multiple-density EPS liner.
- SilverCool™ interior: Moisture-wicking and odor-free liners with advanced anti-bacterial fabric. Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable.
- All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes for custom fitting.
- Optically superior Pinlock®-prepared faceshield: New 3D design provides 98% UV protection, features anti-scratch coating and is prepared for the anti-fog Pinlock insert.
- RapidFireTM II Shield Replacement System: Quick, secure, tool-less removal.
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front-to-back airflow flushes out heat and humidity.
- Snell and DOT approved
Solid colors: Black, White, Rubbertone (MSRP $189.99)
Metallics: Silver (MSRP $194.99)
Graphics: Ace, Force (MSRP $19.99); Lorenzo X-Fuera (MSRP $239.99)